10.18.2005

no more down time

I'm finding it hard to post because I am finding that I want to use any spare time I get for sleeping. After two jobs, kids, chores, and the daily little things of life I find that, by the time I am sitting in front of this screen, the main feeling I have is fatigue. More than anything else, I feel that my schedule is full and not about to get any better. I even feel my spare time getting scheduled. Part of this may be the fact that I haven't used my CPAP in over a week and have been snoring a lot and waking just as tired, if not more, when I awake.

My work schedule is in flux at the moment as I am transitioning into my regular rotation. I am the 2nd Medic on a double medic truck (no tech), 6pm-6am. Having a double medic truck is rare in my service because it is so rare to have enough medics to do it. So, I suspect I should savor it while it lasts. This week I am working noon to midnight, also as a second medic. This is to allow other employees to adjust schedules while fitting me in without anyone having a major adjustment all at once...nicer on everyone's sleep schedules.

Now a summary of some of my runs this past week:

Bi-polar female, suicidal and add a bit of whiskey for fun, shake and serve.

93yo female at an assisted living facility with bright red vaginal bleeding.

60ish female with a pustule (sp?) the size of a crab-apple on her chest, between her breasts and oozing.

70ish male with history of COPD among other things approximately 10 minutes from repiratory arrest.

Some other runs too...but they escape me at the moment. Time to do some things around the house before heading to bed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully getting your CPAP working better for you will help with the fatigue.

143

20:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home