9.30.2005

So tired it hurts

That's how I have felt most of this past week. I also am behind on all the things that I had been keeping up on. This blog is just one of them. I haven't even been reading the blogs that I used to read daily.

(My wife just looked at me oddly. "What?" I asked. "That's just the most I've heard you type in awhile." Notice I was only a couple lines into this when she said that.) Back to what I was saying...

It doesn't help that the blogs I read seem to have typed near book-length blogs this past week. I've missed the few shows I wanted to watch on TV. Luckily, my wife taped all but one of them. I've just felt so tired all day that when I get home all I want to do is go to bed.

When I get to bed, I am having trouble wearing my CPAP all night. I tend to wake up multiple times a night with the mask irritating me. I even have a new larger mask for my big "schnoz". I've decided I really hate the CPAP even though I likely just need to find another mask design. I have another sleep-study to go to Sunday night, so we'll see what happens.

Tonight my wife was offered (and accepted) a promotion at work. It's in the same general area, but she goes from being a pay-grade 9, supervisor, salaried, with occasional evenings and weekends to a pay-grade 11, M-F 8-5, hourly, non-supervisor. Not counting any possible overtime (probably not likely) it will still be a $5K/year raise!!! Thank you honey! The new pay rate will go into effect in two weeks. Just in time for my pay-cut when I go full-time paramedic. We'll almost be totally flipping pay rates. I'll be going to what she has been making and she'll be going to what I have been making. Kinda odd how life works out sometimes. I still plan on staying at the computer-job for 10-20 hours per week to earn some needed cash at a pay rate that I can't get anywhere else.

The computer-job is running me ragged this week and I think it will continue next week. I think they finally see the end of my full-time days coming and I have been slammed with a lot of projects that need to get done ASAP. We now have the domain upgraded to Active Directory but are still learning Group Policies and how to implement them well. I am still getting quotes from electricians and suppliers of battery-backups and generators for that project and that needs to get further along before we install the new VoIP phone system. They are also bidding to get some new clients and get some old clients back. Part of this involves asking me how fast we could implement some changes and design/publish some web sites for them. All of that is fun because I need to estimate fairly accurately taking into consideration that I will not be there and I am not too sure of the employee being left in my absence. Anyway...

Going to a Maize Maze on Sunday. The current activity for my son's cub scout den is to visit a farm or historical site. A local farm is having a corn maze this month in one of their fields. So, we are all going to meet up on Sunday with our families and go though the maze. I think it could be fun. Something I never did growing up as a city-boy.

My wife and daughters went to the high school football game tonight. While they were out, I took my sons to see Magnificent Desolation: Walking on the Moon at the local IMAX theater. I still like the IMAX Space Station better, but what IMAX non-Hollywood films lack in length they really make up for in stunning visuals. Being 3D also is fun for the kids (and me too). There are some upcoming IMAX films that look good. The preview for Deep Sea 3D was amazing. Plus I do not know anything other than the title for "Wonders of the Great Lakes" and I already want to see it. (The Michigander missing home, I guess.)

Just over one week until a start as a full-time medic! WooHoo!

My mother, her husband, my grandparents and my aunt are all coming into town for a long weekend in about a week. (They leave the day before I start as a medic.) So, we'll see how much blogging I get done around then. There is a festival going on in town next week and that will give me something to do out of the ordinary. I've volunteered to work a fund-raising food booth for a local nature preserve on Tuesday night. I told them years ago that I would volunteer for them sometime and last week they actually called me. It's the least I can do.

I'm starting to feel like I have a full schedule coming up. I guess the tired feeling is not going away anytime soon. Enough for tonight..bed time and time to track down the teenage daughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home