9.18.2005

More Cub Scouts

Today, the Cubmaster (the person in charge of the whole Pack) called me to congratulate us on how well my son is doing. I had left him a message earlier on his answering machine. We had to call in to let him know because my son qualified for a special baseball cap as a prize for doing so well on the first day.

He also wanted to ask me again if I would be the Den Leader for my son's den. My son's den consists of 5 Tiger Cub's and their Parent Partner, including my son and I. The Cubmaster said that they (the other Leaders) thought I would be the best selection. They saw how well my son and I have been doing and I had already said once that I would be OK doing it once I figure out my new work schedule. So, by the end of the conversation, I agreed to be the Den Leader. My son was sitting with me and he said it would be "so cool" to have me as the Den Leader.

Being a Den Leader for the Tiger Cubs is slightly different than being a normal Den Leader. Tiger Cub parents are expected to host one meeting and plan/do the meeting for the night. My job is to coordinate the schedule and assist the parent. I also sign-off on the scouts activities completed and award advancements when earned. Well, I have Leader training this Thursday. A night of awareness training about things like child abuse & neglect and various other stuff.

******

Saw a copy of this on the web and I wanted to share it. A brochure came to my son last week. It had information about selling popcorn and the prizes he could earn. But, what I found cool was how most of the information was in comic form. It immediately got my son's attention and he read the whole thing himself without prompting by me. It seems like a very good idea for a company wanting to get information to children.

Check it out: http://www.trails-end.com/TEPublic/docs/ComicBook.pdf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home