9.13.2005

Keeps on ticking


My IT job gave me a watch today. Actually, I had ordered it using this "point" system they have here. I've aquired enough points over the last couple years to be able to get this watch and have the company pay for it. I think it's funny to have a nice new watch to show how little time I have left at the company...at least as a full-time employee. I still plan on working for them part-time for at least a few months.

I called the local 911 ambulance provider and agreed to sign the offer of employment letter. I'll be going in tomorrow to get that formality done. After that, I'll start working on my letter to my current employer requesting a change to part-time status. My first day as a full-time paramedic will be October 11, 2005.

I am pretty sure my current employer will want to keep me for awhile because we have some big-time projects going on until at least the end of October: Upgrading the domain from Windows NT to Windows 2003/Active Directory. Installing a new UPS and emergency generator for the server room and installing a new VoIP phone system for the whole building. Lots of fun stuff. A lot easier if they keep me around and all the various information that I keep filed in my head. We'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home