9.03.2005

Day of Rest

Well, somehow I managed to do almost nothing today. I ran to the store and got dog food and a new collar for my amazingly growing puppy. I cleaned the trash out of the car. I went to the video rental store and got some movies. That's it. If you really think about the time spent on those things, I managed to do a lot of nothing today. Know what? It was a good day.

***

I received a letter today from the other service I applied to. A letter is never good. If you are going to get hired, you get a call not a letter. Well, somebody else was selected for the position and my application would be on file for the next 12 months. Oh well, it would have been nice, but I think I saw it coming. My testing that day was not my best showing and combine that with my lack of experience compared to some other applicants there, and that was that.

***

My wife showed that "Offer of Employment" letter to a lawyer friend/coworker of hers...really really smart guy. Well, he felt the same way. Something just didn't smell right.

Part of me wished it could be resolved Monday, but I shouldn't curse a holiday off when I am lucky enough to have it. I'm worried that they are going to try to find some reason to get out of it. Now with my options more limited for employment in this area, I have more pressure to accept a worse offer than I would really like. But, I am lucky to have full-time employment already, even if it is not in the field I want. I have to remember it could be worse...much worse.

***

Another link to share. It needs Microsoft Media player to play the videos. So sorry for anyone without that. But, it does have some really good news clips about Katrina and after.

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

RE: "Offer of Employment"
Kudoos to you for actually reading the employment contract and sticking to your guns about not signing it right away. Hope it turns out O.K.

Stupid ? #1: What do the HTML tags mean? Do they make it able for 'me' to format my text in some way?

Thanks good luck

~maxtmojo

02:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home