8.26.2005

ever-growing blogosphere, ever-shrinking universe


Here I am surfing the web tonight and clicking around on some blogs. Then I read this guys description of himself. I was amazed at how much we have in common. So much so I actually read the page to my wife. (NOTE: I send my wife a lot of links to read, but they have to really peak my interest for me to stop her in what she is doing to read it aloud.)

Here, read it for yourself. He's been blogging a lot longer than I have, but there are some interesting similarities. I think one thing he does not say on this page, but does on another is his part-time job as a Park Ranger.

http://maddogmedic.blogspot.com/2004/01/getting-started.html

Here is a little about me that I am prepared to share with the blogoshpere, in the order that it flows out of my brain:

I am male.
I am married.
I have children.
I am currently 32 years old.
I live in the Midwest, though I have lived elsewhere.
I have a BS in Geography and an AAS in Paramedic Science.
I am a NREMT-P (www.nremt.org)
I really enjoy patient care.
I really really enjoy the occasional adrenaline rush of EMS.
I handle chaotic and emergency situations better than most people I know.
I currently work as a network administrator.
I really really dislike working in an office.
I do not want my mark on this world to be that I helped a rich person become richer.
I believe in public service.
I am a former US Park Ranger.
I have lived in cabins with no electricity for more than camping.
I have gone months without even seeing/hearing/smelling an automobile.
I enjoy academic life, talking with smart people, and debate.
I wouldn't mind being a college professor or lawyer (constitutional law).
I have a very mild case of Essential Tremor. (www.wemove.org/et)
My ET is being treated, I tend to notice it more than others now...most days.
I believe one of my sons has ET (too early to be official).
I tend to vote for Democrats.
My wife tends to vote for Republicans and I am ok with that.
I believe children should have heroes...preferably not celebrities.
My hero as a child was a fireman.

Well, I could likely go on for awhile, but I think this is good. You can figure out more about me by reading this blog as it grows.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool, a blog I can start reading from the beginning (well, almost).
I have an interest in EMS so this is interesting to me. I don't remember how I get here, but I read macmedic and maddog blogs too. Keep up the good work!
~Maxtmojo

22:25  
Blogger MidwestMedic said...

Thanks for the comment. If you want to catch another EMS blog from almost the start check out "Things that make you go blah" at:

http://thingsthatmakeyougoblah.blogspot.com/

15:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home