12.27.2005

Young Mom

I grew up having a "young mom." At all the school functions, she was always the parent that seemed so much younger than those other parents. It's never been an issue for me. I've always felt I have a young mom.

This week I had a patient who had that same birthday as my mom...down to the day.

I was transporting her home after she was in the hospital from being in an MVA. This woman had bad knees and just had a hip replaced (because of the MVA). But, she did seem drastically older than my mother. She even had a mole with gray hair on her cheek. Now, the patient was almost 300 pounds, and a long-term smoker. I suspect this had a lot to do with the apparent age of the patient compared to my mother.

I suspect my mother has aged some..she is a certain age in my mind, no matter how old she becomes. I suspect it is the same phenomenon that makes me appear still as her little boy in her mind.

Having the young mom was ok then, but now that I am grown, I feel lucky having the young mom.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rookie Bebe said...

you can delete this comment, I just don't know how to leave a regular message. Are you still blogging?

my blog is www.redoxygentank.blogspot.com

11:05  
Blogger Unknown said...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

you are fantastic!!!

a kiss for you, my dear friend!

god bless u dear

can we exchange our link

r u ready to do?

07:06  
Blogger aarongrey112 said...

Hi, Nice site I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing. Would it be possible if I contact you through your email? Please email me back. Thanks!

Aaron Grey
aarongrey112 at gmail.com

16:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home