12.27.2005

from the same womb...

My boys are 14 months apart in age. They, obviously, have been raised in the same home. That's when I really think about how different they are. Though I could go on about many examples, we experienced a good one this past week.

On 12/22/05, I finally used the gift certificate that I was given on Father's Day. Good thing, the gift certificate was to expire on 12/31. What was it for? A free 30 minute joy-ride flight above our town in a small plane.

The day was slightly hazy, the views were ok, but not great. There was *slight* bumps on the way up but otherwise a smooth flight.

The things is, my oldest was very firmly grasping my had the whole flight...he could turn on his picture smile when requested but otherwise looked scared-sick. My youngest, on the other hand, had his nose smashed flat against the glass of the window exclaiming all the things he was seeing the 1,500 ft below us.

After landing, my youngest ran out on the grass of the landing area, his arms out-streached making plane noises stating he wanted to fly again. My oldest, stated he was "air-sick" and proceeded to vomit on himself.

Both my boys fell alseep on the way home, but I suspect for different reasons.

Personally, I loved the sights but I did get a little motion sick too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home