11.30.2005

some good moments

I had two patients recently that thanked me for what I had done. I've had other people say thanks..but these two really seemed to mean it.

I also had a senior medic compliment me on my IVs. This really felt nice because I really stress about this. I had so much trouble as a student learning this..really I know HOW to do an IV. I just had A LOT of trouble being conisistant. So, though my hands do still shake a little, I am not letting it bother me and I am able to get a good IV the first time almost every time. (There are always those patients that are near impossible to get IVs on.)

Anyway...I remembered this post from the past:
http://midwestmedic.blogspot.com/2005/09/i-am.html

My community has had some tragic events recently and the fire department and police were recognized in the media. The hospitals were also focused on greatly. But, again the medics and emts were not really metioned at all..even those whose homes were barely missed yet will out there saving lives. I am not sure this is the fault of the media...it seems like my agency might have missed an opportunity to show the public what we do. I don't think we even designated a public information officer to help coordinate information to the public...never mind public relations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home