9.06.2005

The disappearing bonus...

Offer of Employment Letter Part 2.

Where to begin...where to begin...

They say that I cannot have the bonus because I was employed there less than a year ago...mind you not much less..but less just the same. The part I don't get is that on the advertisement on their website there is no mention of the bonus being conditional and I talked with the Operations Manager when I applied and she also did not seem to know of this condition.

Here are some bits of emails today about this:

Mr. (MidwestMedic):

(Operations Manager) is out of the office this week – so, I will do my best to respond to you today. The (regional) office provided me with a copy of the actual ad. I had no idea what it stated until this morning.

(HR Assistant)

***

Thank you for the update. I have copies of the ad I read at home, if that would help you, they are in a form I can email to you. It's just the listing on the (companywebsite.com) website when you do a search for a opening and go to the one for Paramedics in (my town). The part that gets me is that it does not say anything like "certain restrictions may apply" or anything like that. I also did the extra step of emailing (Ops Manager) and asking her also.

As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

(MidwestMedic)

--I then emailed PDF files of printouts of the listings on their website.

***

Mr. (MidwestMedic):

Please accept my apologies for taking so long to get this matter resolved. I received a copy of the information on the sign-on bonus from our Human Resource Dept in (regional office). The program outlined specific terms and conditions. One of the conditions stated: “former employees are eligible for the bonus only if more than one year had passed since they had worked for (company name) and were eligible for rehire”. They indicated that the program was developed with specified terms and conditions. They must remain consistent. It appears that you would not be entitled to the sign-on bonus due to the fact that it has been less than one year since you terminated employment with (company name).

I sincerely hope that this does not cause you to completely rethink your decision of working with us again.

Let me know your thoughts and thanks again for your patience.

(HR Assistant)

***

Again, I thank you for your time on this matter. Would you please email me what you have as the date I terminated employment at (company name)? I do not want this to be a deal breaker also. But, it is really something that could change me from being able to work full-time to only Per Diem at best. I have financial responsibilites that I am unsure (company name)'s pay could support without me getting the sign-on bonus or getting my medical benefits before 90 days. Since neither of these seems to be possible, I will need to rethink your offer, talk with my wife, and get back with you.

(MidwestMedic)

***

I then forwarded this to the Operations Manager's personal email address with the following added:

(Ops Mgr First Name - We are on 1st name basis), I know this might be out of your control but I think (company name) is being a bit misleading with this whole bonus thing. I have attached a copy of the job postings that I applied to. Also, it seems even local management like yourself didn't seem to be fully aware of these policies. That just seems to be counter-productive from (company name). You know I really *want* to work for you and (company name). It's just this issue plus my ability to financially survive the first 90 days and then the first year. It's just a money issue like so many other things. I'm sorry. I really am not sure what I am going to do.

So, that is where things are at the moment. It's bothering me a bit tonight, so I am not sure I want to blog on it more than I have at this time. I know they really need people. But, it would really be bad for me to wait until January to start working for them. It would be too much time outside the industry with my skills melting out of my memory the whole time. This is just frustrating at best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home